As we enter the first week of a brand new year, your motivations are probably higher than ever to make 2016 the year to finally achieve all you’ve been dreaming of. Whether you’re starting a brand new foray into making money online or you’re hoping to take your current income to the next level, today’s post is guaranteed to put you on the path to success.
Here are my top ways to make money online for 2016:
1. Teaching and Training using Online Classes.
It’s easier now more than ever for companies and entrepreneurs to launch online courses. I personally have a Binary Option membership website where I teach people how to trade online. I charge X amount for my training course and did I mention is all automated, that’s right. You simply create a website where people can learn from you. You can post videos and training material. The beauty of this model is you sell something once and get paid each month for it.
I have a client where she teaches people how to get their contractors licenses. I have another female client who teaches about Make up. Here is a good article about how a 71-year-old is making $8,500 a month teaching online classes.
There are websites like Udemy.com where you can upload your online courses if you don’t want to create your own website. If you have an expertise in ANYTHING then you can package it into a book, course, software, audio program, DVD, and so on.
2. Offering a Service
Providing a service may be the easiest way to start is you don’t need any investment to get this going. If your good with graphic design you can charge for creating logos, t-shirts ect. If you’re good at writing you can be an editor or freelance writer. If you like to take photos you can even sell your photos. Try uploading your photographs to stock websites. A good starting point is Fotolia or istockphoto.
Who can sell a service? The answer is simple–anyone and everyone. Everyone is qualified because each of us has skills, knowledge or experience that other people are willing to pay for in the form of a service; or they’re willing to pay you to teach them your specific skill or knowledge.
There are many different ways to provide a service and it’s just about realizing where your talent lies and what solution you can provide for others.
3. Affiliate Marketing
I know lots of people who have done an incredible job of building websites, developing outstanding searchable content and selling other peoples products on there sites. You can get commission on every sale or lead you generate. You can also start a blog and once you get a large audience you can start promoting affiliate products or start selling Ads.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
When you join an Affiliate program and choose the products that you want to sell, sellers provide you with a unique affiliate code that you can use to refer traffic to the target site. Most affiliate programs will offer ready made text links, banners and other forms of creative copies whereby you only have to copy the code and place it on your website to start referring traffic. When interested visitors click on these links from your site they get redirected to the product site and if they purchase a product or subscribe to a service you as the referrer make a commission.
The sellers can track your performance through your affiliate ID and the affiliate softwares that they use. You also have complete, real time access to all sales and commissions stats. Amazon.com has a affiliate program.
Why be an Affiliate Marketer?
Affiliate marketing is considered to be one of the world’s fastest growing and best internet marketing techniques to earn money online and I will explain why:
- Work from home: If you make enough money then you don’t have to worry about going to work at the same time every day or getting stuck in traffic. You can work in the comfort of your own home.
- Passive income: A regular job can give you a fixed income as long as you continue to work. Depending on your marketing skill Affiliate marketing can create a steady flow of income even when you are not in front of your computer.
- No customer support: You don’t need to provide any customer support or deal with consumer complaints as the Seller does that for you.
- No Storage No Shipping: You don’t need to worry about storage, packing or shipment of the product. They are all taken care of by the seller.
- No Fees: You don’t need to pay anything to join affiliate programs.
- Global Market: Online marketing gives you the opportunity to reach people all over the world easily.
- Cost effective: Marketing on the internet is cheap and you don’t have to worry about the production cost as the product is already developed by the seller. You don’t need a physical business location or hire employees either.
4. Sell Your Stuff
Ever since the idea of online auctions came into existence, the online selling market has been on the rise. Many are interested, but don’t know how to get started. There are still all kinds of ways to make money by selling online, whether you’re selling what you already have or buying and selling like a store. Before we get started, here are a few general tips when selling anything online:
- Get a PayPal account.If you don’t have a PayPal account, you’ll want to get one if you’re doing business online. It’s the standard in online business for receiving payment and paying others.
- Take good pictures.Some of the options below don’t require you to actually take the picture and sell the product, but for the ones that do, make sure you take a clear picture that makes your product stand out from the others. If you’re going to be taking a lot of pictures, set up a small “studio-like” area in your home with a backdrop and proper lighting to really make your pictures come across as professional. And of course, you’ll want a good camera too.
- Be honest. If you’re selling used items, be honest about every dent, scratch, blemish, etc.. This will reduce many issues you could run into and keep your reviews positive.
- Do good business.Plain and simple. Whether you’re selling on a small site or opening an online store, your customer service matters. You’ll want to get those positive reviews and make a good name for yourself. Respond to questions, concerns and complaints. Offer a guarantee if available.
Follow those guidelines and you will do well in online sales. When you’re ready to start selling, here’s where you go:
- Amazon – Have you heard of FBA? It stands for “Fulfilled by Amazon” and it’s getting pretty popular. Basically, you buy products (in bulk is best) and ship them to Amazon for them to store. When your products sell, Amazon packs them up, ships them out and sends you the money (after taking their cut). There are people making a full-time living from FBA, while others just do it for some extra money.
- CraigsList – Some things don’t ship very well. Other things may make you feel uncomfortable to sell to someone across the country. Anytime you’re selling a large item or something you just don’t want to ship, Craigslist is a great place to go. It’s simple to list your item (again, take good pictures!). If you don’t like the idea of putting your phone number out there, the interested individual can send you a message to your inbox without even getting your email address.
- eBay – Of course you can’t read an article about making money online that doesn’t mention eBay. You can start an eBay store and get serious about it or you can just sell some stuff to declutter your home. Either way, I’ve made my fair share from selling on eBay and it’s still a popular way to earn money. If you decide to start an actual eBay store, you’ll want to find a drop-ship business like Doba that will store and ship items straight to your customers so you don’t have to deal with an inventory.
- Etsy – If you like to create arts and crafts, you can sell them on Etsy.It’s completely free to open an Etsy store. You simply sign up, post pictures of your creations and starting selling. You can choose your payment option, but PayPal is generally the easiest. Etsy makes it easy to sell and keep track of your inventory. There is a small listing fee and they take 3.5% of every sale you make.
- Facebook – Facebook swap shops are great for selling things locally. It’s like CraigsList, but a little easier. You simply search for swap shops in your area and ask to join the group. Once you’re in, take a picture of the item, write a quick description with the price and post it. It doesn’t get much easier than that. You can generally expect to get about what you would get at a yard sale, maybe a little more.
5. Online surveys
An increasingly popular way for students to make money is to fill out online surveys in their spare time. Research companies are always recruiting new members to answer surveys and test new products.
For a few minutes of form filling, you can make a couple of quid which is paid as cash or rewards. You can bag up to $5-$20 for some surveys!
A few good ones to try are: Toluna, Vivatic, OnePoll, MySurvey, SurveyBods, The Opinion Panel, Valued Opinions, YouGov, iPoll, Global Test Market, Hiving, PanelBase, Harris Poll, Opinion Outpost, Your word, Pinecone, IPSOS, New Vista.
Also sign up for Swagbucks which rewards you for surveys as well as simply surfing the web, watching videos and playing games.
You can visit this website for a detail review on best paid online survey websites.
Work on Your Personal Attitude Towards Everything.
We’ve all been guilty of blaming outside sources for our current situation in life. Especially if that situation is not aligned with our ideals.
You can blame the economy.
You can blame politicians.
You can blame your parents for not giving you a better start in life.
You can blame your boss for not increasing your salary.
You can blame your age and the idea that you “just got started too late”.
You can say the only niche you’re passionate about is too saturated.
And on it goes. You get the idea.
If you find yourself making any of these claims, or giving any other excuse why you’re not successful, you’ll seriously hinder your chances of any kind of success. The moment you think that success is to be found outside of you for any goal, it will make it much harder to reach, if you can even reach it at all.
Make Motivation Your Habit
I’m a very adamant believer that while being successful is not easy, it is also not complicated. In fact, I think the entire path to becoming successful can be summed up in this section alone.
The first requirement to be successful – in whatever way you define success – is to have the motivation to be successful.
Having the desire to succeed and create more for yourself and others.
Once you have this desire to improve – to change – you then need to look at the disciplines which will best help you make progress.
Set a goal for yourself
“Some people say money is evil, but I don’t agree. If I manage it well and make good use of it, it’ll only make my life better.”
You can also visit my website XProfits.com to learn more about building your own online empire.